Moving Knuckle position with the Kaplan Jig

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:25:43 EDT

In a message dated 8/12/2004 2:58:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

The real point is about moving knuckles not capstans & I still maintain  it's
easier to make this modification than moving capstans. Besides in the  case
I'm dealing with that is what's required. Never the less levearage is  leverage
it doesn't matter if you get from moving the knuckle or the capstan.  If it
wasn't so why make the suggestion to move the capstan. No offense Ric,  but
this answer seems a bit contrary IMO.
   Dale

> In a message dated 8/11/2004 7:31:36 PM Pacific Standard  Time,
> madvinmryk@yahoo.com writes:
>   Hi  Vince
>  Leverage is leverage.

Ah... not really  so.   If its just a lighter touch you are after and you
dont  care what else happens.. then I suppose.  But there are more things
growing in Kansas then just pumpkins as my ol gaffer used to  say.

> So how much trouble is it to move capstans compared to what I  described?

Perhaps a bit more time consuming..... but not a big  deal.  The easy way
is always the hard way as my ol gaffer used to  say.

> Know what I mean? To me it's more invasive more time  consuming &
> harder to set up accurately. I also have an aversion  to twisting any
> thing unnecessarily, 88 times. This is waaay easier  & a more accurate
> predictable outcome.
>     Regards
>    Dale

Cheers