Drying pianos prior to CAing block. ( How dry I am ??????? )

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 23:55:02 +0200

Farrell wrote:

>Ric, the short answer is yes, they get tighter and/or looser with humidity
>changes. Susan Grahm gives a very good explanation in the Technical Forum of
>the October 1988 PTG Journal.
>
>Terry Farrell

And wasnt the long answer something about it kinda depends on what kind
of pinblock we are talking about ?  And didnt we all end up hearing so
many conflicting reports and studies that we were left having to prove
the real truth too ourselves via experiment ??... That said... I liked
the balloon side as far as the argumentation thrown back and forth
went... but being the incessent sceptic that I am... I'll reserve final
judjement until I get around to proving it myself.  On the side... I
just tuned an S&S B in my care which has had loose pins all winter
long... and now in the summer they are tight.... somethings missing in
my balloon evidently :)  You are right though.. Susan wrote a nice spalt.

Cheers Terry.

RicB