OT Tuning "It"

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:20:28 +0200

Dean May wrote:

>>>By the way if a person is dressed as a man refer to him as "HE" and
> if dressed as a woman, refer to her as "SHE". The word "It" can be
> used for farm animals and pets or inanimate objects.
>
> Of course, the confusing part is when you can’t tell by the dress,
> voice, makeup, or hair. What would you call this person then?
> Personally, I prefer to use the gender pronoun most closely associated
> with the DNA imparted to them by their Creator. But sometimes that is
> not easily discernible from outward appearances.
>
> Indeed all should be afforded the utmost courtesy and respect whenever
> possible. But it is a two way street. It is disrespectful to me to ask
> me to call them something contrary to their natural state.

Oh for Christs sake... will you people get a life. Let whoever be
whatever they want to. As long as a person is good to his fellows, then
no person on this earth has got any room at all to start pointing
fingers or drawing out the big morality cards or trying to tell the rest
of the world what is or isnt natural. This worlds got far bigger
problems to deal with without a bunch of self declared holier then
thou's stiring up more uncessessary static. Shheesh....

:-(