Tuning "It"

Jenneetah yardbird@vermontel.net
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:13:45 -0400

At 10:12 AM -0700 8/11/04, Rob Goodale wrote:
>"It" kept standing behind me and I was expecting some perverted butt
>pinch at any moment while I postured myself for a quick rap over
>"It's" ugly face with the tuning hammer.  Very happy that didn't
>become necessary!

I've always marveled that males (you know, the gender with the
greater upper body strength and the alpha animal appetites......you
know, the stuff that should make fear wither up and blow away) feel
so threatened, so endangered by a sexuality outside of the standard
binary (black&white) masculine/feminine. As if a glance that lasts 5
seconds instead of 1 means you're being hit on. And a friendly hand
on the shoulder is an invasion of the body.

Unfortunately for the ladies, such unwanted attention from men is a
fact of life.  So it seems silly to me, hearing this fear reflex in
the face of nothing a guy should fear. (Like standing in front of a
gay person in line at the DMV, or side by side in the mens room.)

I figure the best way for any guy with such hair trigger fears to
learn what he really should fear is to check into a maximum security
prison for a weekend, wearing eye-liner and a lace-trimmed t-shirt.
Hopefully he could learn his lesson without too much bodily invasion.
He would also learn to appreciate what life in the Man's World is
like for the ladies.