new Bechsteins

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:51:52 +0100

Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/18/2004 12:39:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:
>    Thanks Ric
>    This is insightful & is wat I was looking for. Makes sense.
>    Cheers
>    Dale

So Dale... :).... this was actually an interesting question you brought
up out of the blue.... I was wondering what brought it on ?  You got a
Bechstein project going ??  Curioius

btw... I read Andre's post with interest too... seemed on the surface of
it to move in the opposite direction as my own, tho I believe the
reasons move into the design / scale arena and do not really conflict
with my own musings.  And Andrč is right... as was Issac...in that a
brightly voiced Bechstein is really bright and stays rather clear ...
tho crashy... to the point of getting ugly me thinks.  That brightness
must come from somewhere, and certainly Bechstein shows you dont need
the front duplex to get there... Might be nice to hear some musings from
the rebuilders / designers that frequent our midsts here as to why this
is the case.

Cheers
RicB

PS... everytime Bechstein comes up I am reminded of this Grotrian
Steinweg I saw that the Bechstein factory boys had rebuilt in their
style... all non speaking lenghts muted... front duplex eliminated....
brass half rounds gone and replace with that green Bechstein felt
covered wooden runner.  The most curious half breed I'd ever seen...