OK, I'll cease fire -- now OT

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:31:18 -0700

Folks,

Pardon my extension of this topic, but...
At this point I'm not sure whether or not  the "OT" means ON or
OFF-topic.  It certainly hit a target which I hope was not intended.

> > Let's all pray for Sarah.
>
>Not funny at all.
>Shame on you.

Any prayers, should they occur, should be for those who have never gotten
to know someone who is so uncomfortable with their plumbing that they go to
a surgeon.   Spend a year in school with one, your eyes might open a
bit.  If you are even slightly warmer than a rock, you'll see the constant
pain.

The same people who have gotten to know that unfortunate person,
uncomfortable inside of their own skin, should meet them a few years after
surgery.  You would know then that that corrective surgery was the best
thing to happen to that person.

I didn't know until this "discussion" that Sarah was transgendered, I
certainly don't care, she isn't the only such piano tech whom I know.  The
real problem is some other's thinking that that category should be created
at all.

As a piano technician, my reputation is often made when I am no longer near
the piano.  Did I do the best job possible on the instruments?  Will the
customers be happy to call me again?  Will they refer me to their
friends?   Will I have to raise my rates to help manage my workload?

I want respect as a technician for my work, not because I'm a 50-something
hetero WASP male, glasses, greying hair, inner tube waist (nothing goes to
waste:-), red pickup and all around nice guy (kidding about the last).   I
doesn't matter whether I stand or sit to do certain things, or if I've
learned new ways to do them. None but piano results and repeat customers
really matter.  Just like the performers we make look good on stage, I'm
only as good as my last performance/tuning.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.