Reality Check

Sarah Fox sarah@graphic-fusion.com
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:58:37 -0400

Rob, and everyone,

I will not belabor any of my points, as I said I will not.  I stand by =
all of them.

However:

I would appeal both to you and to anyone who might quote anything of =
what Rob has said in a reply, to PLEASE, PLEASE be careful.  I'm sure =
this is something that is happening unwittingly by ALL parties, =
including you, Rob, but you are systematically revealing a LOT of =
information about a person who quite likely (and probably) does not want =
to be found.  This is a dangerous world, and there are lots of weirdos =
out there.  I've been stalked before, and with far less identifying =
information out there by which I could be found.  Your client is no =
different.  In the course of your discussion, you have revealed:

her first name
her last name
her street name
an undoubtedly "colored" description of her appearance

and now...

a description of approximately where on the street she lives

If I were some predator who got his kicks hunting down transgendered =
people (and there are indeed such predators, as I can personally =
attest), this would probably be enough information to find her, just by =
hanging out on P Rd., just behind some topless bar.  There are also =
employment ramifications.  Once your posts hit the search engines, it =
would also be enough information to pull up a hit on Google, discover =
her transgender background, and fire her from a much needed job.  (Yes, =
I know you say it's obvious to see, but she may be pretty rough around =
the edges as a new transitioner.)  Almost all transgendered people are =
fired from their jobs, once their transgender status is discovered, and =
employers and coworkers do snoop around to find such information.

To be perfectly honest, Rob, if you had revealed this much information =
about me, you could expect to be served with papers for a lawsuit any =
day now.  I'm 100% dead serious here.

Besides not revealing any more information, is there some way to edit =
the archives to delete this information?  Please??

Also, Rob, and this is where I appeal to you to be a better person, it =
would be wonderful if you could contact this person to let her know that =
her information was inadvertently leaked to the Internet but (hopefully) =
bottled back up by whomever administers the archives.  She really needs =
to know, since it's a personal safety and an employment security issue.  =
I've tried reaching her myself, through what channels I have available =
to me, and I've not been able to do so.  (I could of course probably =
find her in person if I were in Los Vegas.)  I would greatly appreciate =
your trying.

Finally, Rob, on a personal note, nobody views himself as a bad person, =
and very few people set out in the morning thinking, "Hmmmm, what =
terrible thing can I do today?"  I accept that you're not like that.  =
However, developing situations do culminate in otherwise well meaning =
people doing horrible things.  Most assaults and murders are NOT =
premeditated.  I hope you can recognize that your attitude is as likely =
to culminate in an act of aggression as the San Andreas Fault is likely =
to culminate in another earthquake.  Hopefully/probably it will not be a =
serious act, but it could be.  It could even be murder.  You're not =
immune, ya' know.

Gotta go...  Lunchtime...

Think about it, OK?  And please, please, can we bottle up this =
personally identifying information somehow???

Peace,
Sarah