Hammer Tail Cove

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 23:25:53 +0200

Hello,

I'd cove, without anything to prove why, but I like the idea (tuning
the tail of the hammer, in some sort)

And why is it I prefer backchecks with a little recess vs. flat ones ?

An action with too little noise seem harder to deep energize, to me
(an effect like when the keyboard pressure screws don't touch the
keybed)

But of course , noise have un up limit as well, if the piano tone
can't stand it we have no more benefit.

Then, is the checking noise comprised in that mix ? the question is
yet open I guess.

Seem to me also that the firmness of the backchecks wire is important,
as the hammer may be moving all kind of directions, the shank vibes,
etc, and these moves are not stopped immediately when the hammer touch
the backchecks.

Where is that high speed camera ?

best regards.

Isaac OLEG