friction.... yet another attempt

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:48:54 -0400

Hi Andre,

I haven't really been following the thread much, so I'm not confident
I'm following accurately, but I was thinking similarly to what you
wrote in your last paragraph (quoted below).

I think there is an element of control given more muscle usage (or at
least a higher margin of error). Kind of like trying to hold a large
box steady that is very light vs. one with more weight.

As a pianist, though I may adapt to a very light action, I wouldn't be
surprised if I had less "control" over dynamics given a smaller range
of muscle exertion, in comparison to a heavier action. However,
whomever you are replying to seemed to not be saying the weight needs
to be changed, but rather friction. But then again, wouldn't friction
just add to the weight, effectively?

- John