Big Hammers

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:53:14 +0100

IMHO

Only to the degree that action compliance doesnt defeat any gain you
might have from the increased size.   In practice I personally believe
this limits one to a Stanwood # 10-11 curve as an absolute maximum.
Unless you want to flaten the curve like Steinway themselves do.

For such a big hall... I'd pretty much go with a curve that starts on a
Stanwood 10 and ends on an 12 in the treble.  Good battery voicing ala
our freind Andre' on top of that is about as powerfull as you can get me
thinks

Cheers
RicB