Big Hammers

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:28:30 -0700

I'm interested in the belly brace for a Baldwin D.   What is the=
 criteria for whether it might be needed?
David I.

From: Nichols <nicho@zianet.com>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Big Hammers

Barbara,
    While hunting for "every little bit" of projection for a D I=
 service, I discovered the extra belly brace sold by PianoTek.=
 It's for the treble, and really helped octaves 61/2 thru to the=
 top. Better projection, little higher volume, much better=
 sustain. Not too expensive, and a piece-o-cake to install and=
 test.  Y'know, when every little thing adds up to get more.....=
 more. Also, is the piano "grounded"? Big halls laugh at pianos=
 on flexing, rubber-wheeled springs. A couple of blocks for under=
 the front work wonders.

Just a couple of =A2 worth,
Guy