"Windows.... is a warzone" - OT

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:45:57 +0100

Yep... you can figure out how to keep windows pretty clean... but it is
a steady fight.  Benign is a great product really because it simply
shuts the door instead of trying to patch all the holes.  But its just a
email cleaner, and doesnt keep you from visiting the wrong website.
There are other resources as well..

http://www.blackviper.com

is a great one, gives you really easy to understand configurations facts
about windows <<services>> as well as info about how to turn off them...
and which ones are appropriate to turn off.

Still... I think the whole windows concept is going to end up on the
scrap heap sooner or later.... but then I am  just an egg out here....

Cheers
RicB