casters orientation - On topic - slightly scientific but not too much !

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:37:13 EST

In a message dated 12/01/04 4:11:42 PM, oleg-i@noos.fr writes:

<< 1? The casters oriented toward the front of the piano , the tone was
less full and less strong. >>

Oleg;
 Caster orientation has a definite effect on action/keyframe
regulation.......about 'tone' I don't know........ but if it affected the balance rail
significantly it certainly could have that effect. It is my procedure, when doing a
regulation, to orient the casters where the offset is to the rear as if the
piano were ready to roll toward the pianist.
Jim Bryant (FL)