action centers (Modified by Kent Swafford)

Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:58:29 +0100

H Daniel

You dont necessarily have to remove each part and check directly, but
its a good idea to run some kind of a check. I generally take each of
the hammer shanks off at some point during a hammer replacement job,
(shaping tails and triming) and at that point I always check shank
centers individually. Whippen, jack, and replever centers can be checked
in the action... you just want to at least make sure all are moving
freely, and nothing is wobbly. Anything suspect can be removed for
closer inspection.

Dont worry about the filing... you get better with practice.

Cheers
RicB