Bandsaw Veneer Cutting

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:24:24 -0500

Dear Woodworking Shop Rats,

I have an ever-present need to cut thin (usually thin, but any =
thickness) wooden veneers on my bandsaw. I don't have a technique for =
making uniform-thickness cuts that I find satisfactory. How do the more =
talented/experienced woodworkers do this? What I can envision is a fence =
that the saw operator can move along an incremental/indexed rail - a jig =
that is real accurate so that you could, for example, just lop off 1.5 =
mm thick veneers, one after the other, all the same thickness. But I =
know of no such jig. I'm sure there is some basic bandsaw technique I am =
missing, as I should think this has been a basic need for many =
woodworkers for at least since the bandsaw was invented.

Thanks for any thoughts.=20

Terry Farrell