Nomenclature? - was brass flange parts supplier?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:10:49 EST

In a message dated 1/14/04 3:42:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

> Are we talking about a Brass Rail? Or, are we talking about Billings
> Flanges? I suspect the later, as it's impossible to "move some from the
> extremes, to replace the broken ones", with a brass rail. Clarification
> would be nice.

Joe,

They are not Billings Flanges.  It is a brass rail set-up, but there are
little removable tongues that have a groove for the pin that come off.  I do not
have one in front of me, and the ability to describe it eludes my aging brain.
What happens is the hammer pin drops down between the tongue, which is
removable, and the rail.  The tongue has a flat side with a slot for the pin, and a
round back where the screw goes through.  Can't remember for certain which
side the screw goes through, but I think they come in from the back of the rail.

I have seen brass flanges many times, but not one like these.  Time to get a
digital camera.

Thanks,

Dave