worn ivory key tops

antares antares@euronet.nl
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:09:00 +0100

On 22-jan-04, at 20:40, Michael Gamble wrote:

> Hello Will
> So many of these old pianos are "family" problems which become=20
> "techie" problems... You say you're buried beneath old ivory? Please=20=

> send me a lot of large ivory "heads" for my school pianos. I have one=20=

> marvellous Rich'd Lipp upright - s t u p e n d o u s=A0 tone - in one =
of=20
> "my" schools. Most of the ivory heads are missing of chipped at the=20
> front. But seriously how can one get replacements for these heads?=20
> Anyone?
> Regards from that Sussex Place
> Michael G (UK)

It is too much work and we usually can never do a PERFECT ivory job the=20=

way they did it then.
When the ivories are in really bad shape, we opt for sending the=20
complete set of keys to a professional, specialized in these things.
Ivory is too expensive, but there beautiful plastics too, like on any=20
new Steinway, B=F6sendorfer, Yamaha or Bechstein.
Right?

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek