FW: A "Rubber Band Sound"

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 18:29:37 -0500

Subject: A "Rubber Band Sound"

Yesterday, I spent some time with a Kawai Console, doing some voicing
and
tracking down rattles, buzzes, zings and, (to quote the client), "a
rubber
band sound". She even went and got a large rubber band to
demonstrate!<G>
The sound emits from F69, which is the first note w/o a damper. At
first, I
thought she was referring to the sustain, but on closer listening, sure
enough, there is a sound that sounds like a rubber band, under tension,
being plucked! Danged if'n I could isolate where it was coming from!
Truly
frustrating. Have any of y'all heard such a sound? It's a new one on me
and
I would really like to solve the problem, if possible. Feedback
appreciated!<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Joe,
	Any resolution to the above mentioned problem? Inquiring mind
wants to know
	Tom ---Still cold in Mass.--- Driscoll