Rebuiling uprights

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 06:22:48 -0500

Being close to Andr=E9's, I'm sure he does not send the pianos to Mex=
ico. He's
got the raw material, the manpower and the shop to do the work in bet=
ween
grand rebuilding. He's just selling shop time to willing buyers.

On the upright rebuilding thing, I fing that most of these old uprigh=
ts
(when properly rebuilt) will give a lot better sound than most of the=
 bottom
of the line grands you can find on the market these days (Korean, chi=
nese
etc.). Now the resale value might not be the big plus in this case, b=
ut the
sound can be.

Anyone have a flame suit for rent ;-)

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]O=
Behalf Of Farrell
  Sent: 23 janvier, 2004 05:43
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: Re: Rebuiling uprights

  Or, maybe Andre is trying to create a market for selling his pinblo=
cks.
Nothing wrong with that.

  He claims that he puts new pinblocks, new soundboards, bridge caps,=
 new
actions, and refinish an upright for $7K. (I guess that was a few yea=
rs
ago.) I don't know how he does all that work for that low a fee. Mayb=
e he
ships them down to Mexico?

  Terry Farrell