Rebuiling uprights

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:00:51 -0500

I was just funnin' about the Mexico thing. I know he does the work =
in-house.

I have do disagree with you regarding the sound potential of the old =
uprights. You suggested, "when properly rebuilt" that they have the =
potential to "give a lot better sound than most of the bottom of the =
line grands you can find on the market these days (Korean, Chinese =
etc.)." This is simply not true by matter of omission, IMHO. I believe =
they have the potential to give a way, way, superior sound than most of =
the bottom-level grands and mid-level smaller grands and upper-level =
micro-grands (five-foot-ish) you can find on the market these days.

I'd lend you my flame suit, but I just may need it!

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Marcel Carey=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 6:22 AM
  Subject: RE: Rebuiling uprights

  Being close to Andr=E9's, I'm sure he does not send the pianos to =
Mexico. He's got the raw material, the manpower and the shop to do the =
work in between grand rebuilding. He's just selling shop time to willing =
buyers.

  On the upright rebuilding thing, I fing that most of these old =
uprights (when properly rebuilt) will give a lot better sound than most =
of the bottom of the line grands you can find on the market these days =
(Korean, chinese etc.). Now the resale value might not be the big plus =
in this case, but the sound can be.

  Anyone have a flame suit for rent ;-)

  Marcel Carey, RPT
  Sherbrooke, QC