Upright Hammer Butts

Clark A. Sprague clarks11628@juno.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:22:46 -0500

Barbara,  It's in a totally differing environment than her teacher's
piano.  The teacher's piano isn't that old, and I prepped it too.  Ron
hit when he said that she doesn't play to the bottom of the keystroke,
and I doubled the let-off, gave it more dip, and set the checks up, but
then she still played it so softly that she still made it bobble, or she
couldn't even get a tone (let-off too far away).  I told her that I
didn't think I could help her with this, she should just play it, and she
would get used to it, but that still didn't get her over the click feel.
That's when I thought of maybe lubing the butts, that that might make it
smoother for her, at the touch level she has.  A no-win situation, if
ever I saw one, at least till she learns to play even more "caressingly".
Clark