CA glue for pinblocks

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:55:36 -0800

Isaac said: "thin CA works as a very good lubricant on those pins that does
not
hold well (then they don't hold at all) My experience, before a repair
with plugs, did not take time to saturate well the wood but the pins
where absolutely untunable after that.

Isaac

Isaac,
IMO, you must have either used something else...OR you used BAD CA glue,
(past it's shelf life)....OR you didn't wait long enough for it to
set......OR, as my German friend would say: "Something's Germiss Here!"
Just my take on it.
Several months ago, I posted my success on a German Upright, that some yahoo
had restrung with 5/0 pins and they were still loose. Two dousings with
water thin CA and the piano acts like it has a new pinblock. Still working
just fine to date.<G> I will be keeping an eye on it.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I