new topic: Broken Strings (was key cover blues)

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:53:15 -0000

Hello Liszt & Terry Farrell
Terry said: "I have never broken a string while doing a pitch raise."
I ask: How do you get that lucky? I've broken strings with such =
frequency that I have developed my own pre-formed knot system for =
repairing Bass covereds without replacing them. I also frequently relax =
the other half of the broken pair to pull it round to effect a repair. =
"Mark'ee Jim lad... " this is only done on old clunkers or for speed and =
efficacy. Keeps the cost down, don't y'know? Which has to be a +
Regards from a beautifully sunny day in Sussex Downlands-by-the-Sea.
. . . . . .  there's so much talk of s n o w . . . .=20
he's never broken a string....... wow!
Michael G (UK)