pitchlock followup 1 wed or Devorced

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 07:40:46 -0600

Hi Tom,
I think we are talking different ideas, and then mayby not. Sounds a =
little like Virgil Smith.=20
What I am wondering is if the effective termination point has changed =
for the coupled strings. And also if this is so does this raise the =
inharmonic values of the string like the stiffness at the termination =
points does.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Thomas Cole=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 8:26 PM
  Subject: Re: pitchlock followup 1 wed or Devorced

  Joe,

  After tuning each of the coupled strings separately using an ETD, I =
find that the pitch drops significantly when playing the coupled strings =
together. You have to anticipate this drop therefore (guess), by tuning =
these strings individually to a higher pitch and check the result. That =
done, you can tune the uncoupled third string to the resultant pitch of =
the other two.

  Tom Cole

  Joe And Penny Goss wrote:

Hi Jason, You provoke a thought.
Has any one measured the difference of the pitch of a single string =
coupled
and then uncoupled? Wed or devorced?<G>
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com