The "REBLITZ" translated into French

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:38:59 +0200

Hi all,

According to me, reading the reblitz in original version is far better =
because it helps a lot for learning all the technical vocabulary.
Since I learned all the basis of the piano technical vocabulary, I was =
able to read, understand, and since a few weeks,writing some posts on =
the pianotech list.

So I think that translating this bible is a good idea, but people should =
go further in reading the book in english afterwards.

how can you speak with techs from all over the world when you don't know =
that a whippen is a "chevalet" or that a a flange is a "fourche" in =
french?
One funny thing is that a whippen and a bridge (in english) have the =
very same name in french: un chevalet...
Because many techs in France don't know a word in english about action =
parts, etc...

One idea would be making the reblitz book with the left page written in =
english, and the right page written in french, as they do with classical =
books for students who study languages. The problem would be the size of =
the book: more than 700 pages...

Quentin Codevelle