Electronic tuners!?

Mark Dierauf mark@nhpianos.com
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 09:57:50 -0400

  I've used both Tunelab & RCT and prefer Tunelab. Pitch-raises are
accomplished faster with TL (IMO) by being able to see the pitch of
individual strings of a unison without using mutes. I also like being
able to set the type of real-world octaves I tune as 4-2 or 6-3, or
whatever instead of the various "Octave tuning styles" that RCT uses.
With TL, one can choose the sample notes used to create a tuning curve
and then modify the resultant curve if desired. The split-scale mode
often produces a useable tuning across bass/tenor breaks with large
jumps in inharmonicity that would otherwise be impossible. In the low
bass where some partials are difficult for the machine to hear, you can
easily switch to another, more audible partial. You can also download
and try the program before you buy it, and if you do buy it you save
substantial $$.
  I haven't tried Verituner. Although it sounds like a great device I
like having my schedule and complete customer database available to me
on the same 7 oz Pocket PC that runs TL!

- Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Martin [mailto:smartin@dodo.com.au]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 3:17 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Electronic tuners!?

Hello everyone

i'd be almost sure that there is a thread somewhere in the archives
regarding ETD's so can anyone point me to it or give me some current
advice?
I was thinking of buying probably the Cybertuner software - do any list
members use this, are there any downfalls to the program and is there
anything else comparable?? I have heard a lot of people talk very
favourably about Cybertuner.

thanks,

Steve Martin.