Petrof keyslip

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:30:04 -0700

The keys aren't the problem.  The keyframe isn't the problem. =
 The key slip is the problem.  Don't treat the symptom.  The=
 sticking keys probably happens towards the bottom of the key=
 stroke so we are dealing with the top/back of the key slip. =
 This is probably in the middle of the keys?  If warping is=
 causing the problem.  It isn't going to take removal of much=
 material to do the job.  Pull the keys, and sand along the back=
 of the keyslip.  You wouldn't have to pull the keyframe is=
 working at the top of the keyslip.

David Ilvedson

From: Dean May <deanmay@pianorebuilders.com>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: RE: Petrof keyslip

Okay, okay. You win. ;-)

I actually do carry the drill, shop vac, drywall screws, et al.=
 But I know a lot of techs don=92t. I=92d still probably shim, but=
 hey, that=92s me.

I still have a hard time believing you could do that job in five=
 minutes. You are definitely more optimistic than me.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802