Petrof keyslip

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:35:18 -0500

>What you need to keep in mind, Ron, is not everyone thinks like you do.

That's abundantly obvious, thank you, which is why I posted my opinion.
Contrast.

>  Lots
>of people are very happy to pay to have their pianos vacuumed out, for
>example, even though you and I know that is strictly cosmetic. If you don't
>offer them that service, when doing it would make them happier, how is that
>really servicing the customer?
>
>Dean

And all this time, I thought I was servicing pianos. Go figure. It becomes
ever more obvious why I never got rich in this business. I've been working
on the wrong stuff all along. Fortunately, the timing on this is just
right. Nashville looms near. We can introduce a proposal to council to
include a new membership category of RCT (Registered Customer Technician),
or perhaps RCMT (Registered Customer Massage Therapist) to avoid being
mistaken for a tuning device. Don't suppose there would need to be any
piano related testing to qualify for customer servicing. The applicant
would just have to sell the testing committee on their worthiness to hold
the title. Should there be extra credit for selling them shoe shines as well?

If no one else sees any apparent contradiction between looking out for the
customers' best interests and trolling for enhanced sales volume, it will
remain my lone personal opinion. And that's OK, I don't mind. I have plenty
more.

That's it. I'm done now.

Ron N