Plate Suspension

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 12:35:58 -0700

It's a simple bar which spans and then clamps onto a couple of the plate
struts and can be easily slid back and forth or side to side to find the
point of equilibrium. It has a place to fasten a large hook from the hoist.
I was a bit paranoid about it's overall strength and balance at first and,
admittedly, don't have a way to assess it's failure point. I'm operating on
faith but it is very easy to use and take in and out with dealing with
straps. I have not lifted a "D" plate with it. I'd be curious if any
engineer types are familiar with this and have any comments about what kind
of load it will take, concerns or otherwise. I am assuming that Bolduc had
it engineered when he offered it for sale to the general public.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net