OT, way OT,< <WAS: PEPSI IN THE NEW CAN ! (MISSING "UNDER GOD")>>

Rob Goodale rrg@unlv.nevada.edu
Sun, 2 May 2004 01:53:46 -0700

OT OT OT OT OT OT OT OT OT OT OT
OT OT OT OT OT OT OT OT OT OT OT

Getting WAY off pianos here but...  the "delete" key is that square next to
the one that says "insert".

> No.  I'm saying *some* of us are "forced into oppression" by having to
> profess beliefs we don't have -- sometimes in a court of law, and
sometimes
> under penalty of imprisonment.  I'm a person of conscience, and I really
> detest the fact that our government mandates that I lie about my beliefs
or
> lack thereof.  I'm constantly amazed at how glibly Americans proclaim that
> this is a free country.  True, it's "free" for some people, but certainly
> not for all -- perhaps not even for most

I don't pretend to be an expert in government or the constitution. I do
believe that I do know it's essentials however. Clearly it's authors had no
comprehension as to where this country would be in 2004. If they had I
believe they would have been much more specific in certain areas. I do know
what America was like when I was a kid and I am amazed at how it has
changed. What's sad is that things which weren't an issue just a few years
ago bring people to such anger today. Whole definitions are being changed to
custom serve political interests. What was once called "Freedom of Speech"
has been renamed "Freedom of Expression". What was called "homosexuality" is
now "alternative lifestyle". What was once called "murder" is now called
"choice". What was lack of personal responsibility is now being a victim.
And when people are afraid to fly a flag "because it might offend someone"
we have a serious problem.
What's happening is not limited to religion.  It's American values, our
culture, our history, and a whole long list of things your great-great
grandparents were proud of. You can bet they wouldn't be blaming the
government for feeling oppressed because of something like "In God We Trust"
on the dollar bill. I'm no rocket scientist but am I missing something here
or are America's founding values going down the toilet?

Here are a couple of web pages you might want to browse around sometime when
you have the time. I haven't read it all yet but it provides a lot of
thought on the subject.

http://www.americanvalues.org/html/institute_at_a_glance.html
http://www.free2pray.info/

Are we still friends fellow American?

GOD bless America, the greatest republic in world history.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

.