Dear Mr. Avery

LarryinAtlanta@aol.com LarryinAtlanta@aol.com
Tue, 4 May 2004 09:52:18 EDT

In a message dated 5/4/2004 3:59:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:
Grin.. I just love these kinds of replies to Political or Religous OT
threads...

One starts by pointing out that such posts have nothing to do with the
general topic of pianos... then without further ado engage directly in
the OT thread with a counter attack... directed right at ones person.
And not only that.. but one feels the need to do it in public... to
display for all to see ones own position on the (both) matter (s).

Grin...... I just love the replies to these kind of replies. They always
ignore the fact that if someone hadn't already "attacked", and in public, there
would be no need to respond, then without further ado they talk about the
responder's remarks and call those remarks a "counter attack directed right at one's
person" instead of it occuring them that those remarks were not meant as an
"attack" nor were they aimed at one's "person" but rather were made to show
that the same rock can be tossed both ways, so quit tossing rocks and get back to
talking about the things you're here to talk about.

For instance - we've learned a lot from all this, haven't we? We've learned
that those on the right disagree with those on the left. Wow..... I never knew
that.... that information is going to help me a whole lot next time I'm trying
to find a squeak in someone's piano....I know now that the answer is to ask
the owner of the piano if they're on the right or on the left, and if they're
on the left, their piano squeaks because it's a Republican and it wants to get
away from them. And as we learn these valuable lessons, I have noticed that
major topics of the goings on in the piano business are flying right over
everyone's heads - for instance.... is anyone aware that Samick bought part interest
in Bechstein and that Bechstein now offers C. Bechstein from Germany and a
line labeled simply Bechstein made in Korea? Has anyone discussed the fact that
Samick bought Young Chang and may be discontinuing the YC and Pramberger
brands, or may simply turn them into stencil brands placed on Samick pianos? I
don't recall reading anything here about it, but it has a lot more to do with your
career as a piano technician than which side of the political spectrum the
management of these companies belong to.

As I said before - I don't post much here, because for the most part I get
ignored when I do. I suppose I don't know the secret handshake. But it seemed
silly to me that someone would engage in a political rock tossing and then make
a grand exit because they didn't like what got said back. That seems like such
a waste when there are things they could be learning about pianos.

>From my point of view, I just told you more about pianos than you've learned
in this entire thread. So either way, I may have done some good - I usually am
ignored so totally that a thread simply dies the minute I post to it. That
would be a good thing in this case. On the other hand, I've just told you two
things about the piano industry that will have a major affect on the
marketplace, and as a result could have an impact on you. Maybe that will earn me the
right to learn the secret handshake. But it seems to me it would make more sense
to discuss these two issues than to discuss politics.