on topic about off topic

Mike Bratcher MBratPianos@Indy.rr.com
Thu, 6 May 2004 15:16:13 -0500

Re: on topic about off topicNo..his comments are entirely appropriate.  =
I know I have a limited amount of free time.  My job keeps me busy.  I =
"attend" this list to gain information.  So do many others.  To waste MY =
time by adding political or religious opinions is an offence to me.  If =
I wanted to entertain that kind of banter, I would join those lists.  =
So...tolerance?  Its irrelevant.  "Piano-only"...whoever wrote this has =
their eye on the ball. =20

If you want to express your views on unpiano related =
topics...fine...find your own list.  I understand that by writing this, =
some may view it as hypocrisy.  Since I am advocating a piano only =
forum, I actually on topic.

I don't even know why I bother.  Some people are too thick headed and =
will continue.

Mike Bratcher
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Andersen=20
  To: deanmay@pianorebuilders.com, Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 9:43 AM
  Subject: Re: on topic about off topic

  on 5/5/04 7:15 AM, Dean May at deanmay@pianorebuilders.com wrote:

  Let=B9s extend a little grace and tolerance to one another here. I =
think we can do it without an act of Congress.

  Thank you, Dean.  Self-regulation is key; complainers: grow up. Your =
emotional all-caps outbursts and chippy=20
  "piano-only" comments are, in a word, childish.  Life is diverse.

  Great post, Dean. Here's my first all-caps transmssion:

  WHAT ABOUT THE GOLDEN RULE, FOLKS?

  Thank you all for your rich differences; makes life tangy.

  David Andersen