?? Voice ??

antares antares@euronet.nl
Sun, 9 May 2004 17:24:36 +0200

On 9-mei-04, at 15:49, Richard Brekne wrote:

> Dont know of any recording available yet... but if we do any
> recordings on our C I will post a link.  Perhaps Andre can be of more
> help here ?

Well, that's an easy one...
Steinway Hamburg immediately changed its hammer felt as soon as the
Wurzen felt became available again.
The quality of the Wurzen felt has improved over the years, so any
recording of a Steinway say after 1995 is a reasonable example of good
Wurzen quality.
The same applies to Bösendorfers, the late Bechsteins and the Yamaha
CFFIII-S.
I remember for instance this Sunday I spent in the company of the boss
of Yamaha Hamburg. Mr. Lüdemann, and a Mr. Y. Suzuki, a fine Japanese
Yamaha gentleman.
He, Mr. Suzuki, had taken us for a ride into the mountains in back of
Hamamatsu and I had the chance to speak to both of them about my latest
discovery : the Wurzen felt (this was in the early 90's).
Mr. Lüdemann laughed heartily and told me to come to Hamburg where he
would show me the first Yamaha CFIII-S actions with Wurzen hammers.
It shows that both he and I and of course others we all on the same
track : we had discovered the coming into existence of the brilliant
felt of the past and we were so very enthusiastic about it because it
WAS just fantastic what had happened.
We 're talking here about the majestic and clear sound of the beautiful
European concert instruments and we are talking about the great sound
Richard Brekne spoke of when he described the arrival of the very first
Yamaha CFIII-S in  Bergen, Norway.

On thing though... no recording exists yet of the latest quality Wurzen.
There are only just a few technicians in the World using this finest
quality and we will have to wait for the recordings.

Furthermore, I would like to add this :
As I have said before, we can all get these gorgeous hammers. We don't
have to sit idle and wait till doomsday just because we live in Mogolon
or something...
If we are really out for any improvement then there are way already.
Ray Negron indeed now sells some of his hammers with this high quality
felt so all you have to do is contact him or Dale Erwin, who will
gladly tell you about it.
And to get the better Renner hammers you have to go through the
official Renner channels but I am sure that all can be arranged too.

Do I need to say more?
Y' all have a good day now............

(; >))

friendly greetings