Yamaha C6 bass strings

antares antares@euronet.nl
Wed, 12 May 2004 02:07:09 +0200

>> Friends,
>>
>> No one responded to this yet, but I would like some input, please.
>> I've
>> been tuning a 1998 Yamaha C6 grand every six months for the last five
>> years.  I tuned it again yesterday, and it sounds to me like some of
>> the
>> bass string windings are loose.  I think I read on this forum at some
>> time that Yamaha felt their strings shouldn't need twisting.
>>
>> Does anyone remember any kind of discussion about this?  It seems to
>> me
>> that a piano of this caliber shouldn't be having this problem.  Or has
>> it been a problem common in this model?  Your input is appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Clyde Hollinger, RPT

At Yamaha, they use a substance on their steel to make the copper wire
stick. I am sure it is a resin of some sort.
They don't twist their strings because the resin is supposed to hold
the copper wire tight.
Usually this method is proficient. A mistake is always at hand.

André

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek