Raving about the list

Wed, 12 May 2004 19:52:36 -0700

I've only been on the list for a short few years--not sure really when I came on--but I have to say that I've gotten a great deal of good information here (and hopefully given a little on occasion).   My relatively short tenure doesn't give me much to compare it with.  There are periodic forays into uncharted territory, but on balance I don't really have any complaints.  The problem I have with posts such as this, decrying the demise of this venue, is that I want people to be encouraged, rather than discouraged, to contribute ideas, opinions and, of course, questions without worrying about whether they are cluttering up the list.  The sharing of ideas, afterall, is a dialogue and there is bound to be some prattle amidst the provocative.  I say we just continue on and rely on ourselves to self police when things get out of hand.  The overall impact of the list still heavily favors the positive, at least in my view.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 5/12/2004 6:32:37 PM
Subject: Re: Raving about the list

  I have been an observer and occasional contributor (when I have something important to say) to the list since the get go.

In the last couple of years the list has definetely changed.  Now there are instances where one member will have numerous posts most every day....and many of them say something to the effect that "yeah, you're right."

In the beginning members would hardly ever place more than one or maybe two posts each night and not clutter up the bandwidth with numerous dittos and OT stuff.  Now it seems everybody has an opinion on everything...and it seems the really knowledgeable people have been driven away.

Of course that's just my opinion and since this will only take up about one of the probably 81 posts I will get on maybe 10 topics...I guess I'm entitled.

Grab your flamethrowers folks...but if you are going to flame let's have a little constructive content in the fire.

Best

Dick Day
Marshall MI