drop screw question

Thu, 13 May 2004 11:06:02 -0700

Yes that would be backwards--I stand corrected.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 5/13/2004 9:41:09 AM
Subject: Re: drop screw question

In a message dated 5/13/2004 6:49:54 AM Pacific Standard Time, davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:
Asuming it is not related to some other regulation problem (like weak repetition springs), you could always add material to the top fo the balancier under the drop screw, a thin piece of leather, perhaps.  I suspect that the hammers are very worn,
Wouldn' t this be backwards? One actually needs to put thinner material there. However, I suspect the plate's higher than usual. If the string line's more than, say, 193 mm off the keybed in the middle of the scale, and the hammer centers are 145 or below, perhaps a shim under the action feet would help. I agree that the hammers are too short for the situation.

Bob Davis