Kawai GS-70

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Fri, 14 May 2004 18:04:16 -0400

Re: Kawai GS-70David,

I assume you're raising the keyframe in step 4?  A quarter turn is a =
fairly big adjustment.  Any thoughts why this works?  I'd think a =
more-solid contact with the keybed would reduce energy loss and improve =
sustain.

--Cy Shuster--
Bluefield, WV
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Andersen=20
  Hey, Dean----

  Try these things:

  1) tighten all plate bolts

  2) lift, level, and seat the strings

  3) raise the pitch and FINE tune

  4) bed the keyframe, then add an extra 1/4 turn to each glide bolt.

  5) make the hammers softer and springier (if possible, replace  the =
hammers
     w/ new Renners or Abels, the best quality.)

  6)precisely and completely regulate the action; time the dampers

  On most Asian pianos, doing the above will make a striking, radical =
improvement  in the depth, projection, and sustain of a piano.  You'll =
be a hero.

  David Andersen