Mould removal

Steve Grattan lostchordclinic@ameritech.net
Tue, 18 May 2004 19:35:10 -0400

Hi Paul,

I do not believe it is possible to kill the mold.  Every affected felt =
or leather piece must be replaced.  Mold can be a healthn hazard so take =
adequate precautions.

Steve Grattan
Lost Chord Clinic

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Paul Tizzard=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 6:05 PM
  Subject: Mould removal

  Hi,

  Today I came across a piano with a tremendous amount of mould growing =
on and in its action. I am thinking of blowing the action out, cleaning =
the mould off and then brushing/wiping bleach onto the affected =
surfaces. The problem is the stuff is growing in difficult to reach =
areas, and near to flanges,felt and leather. How should I approach this? =
What does bleach do to felt? Is bleach the right substance to be using?
  Thanks.

  Paul Tizzard