Major Grotrian problem

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Wed, 19 May 2004 07:14:46 -0500

At 9:50 AM +0100 5/19/04, Ajay Mistry wrote:
>Hello list am working on an Grotrian action had
>ordered new complete hammers ie hammer glued to new
>shank fitted with flange also prevoiced by Grotrian
>also I changed the key leads which were made by me
>here in my workshop now I am finding a major problem ...

Hello Ajay,

A couple of considerations for you.

Not sure what your motivation was for changing the key leads at all,
especially  prior to installing new parts. But if you can return them
to the original way they were, that would be a beginning step to help
resolving your difficulty.

Another area of concern would be determining the relationship of the
new parts to the old ones. They need to be pretty darn close to a
match.

Sincerely,

Keith
--