Best piano in your world.

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 22 May 2004 20:27:30 EDT

              Piano-philes
    I thought of a couple more now that you asked TP. One is a 1919 stwy O.
 In general I'm not a big O fan. But I rebuilt this one with an original
board, no cracks, great crown & bearing. The best American O I've encountered
ever. A Bay area preserved piano that belongs to RPT Paul Bailey & he knows how to
play it.
  The other also belong to him. It's a BB Mason from 1929. The board is made
of perfectly quartered Sitka spruce & from the same cant of the log. Color
perfect & big wide planks. Some are 6 to 7 inches. It came from a supplier in
Idaho. Sometimes it pays to ask. The medullary ray is unbelievable. It looks like
a violin top. Tight grain too. Sugar pine ribs. It sings wonderfully. I love
the big pianos.
  Paul is spoiled.
   Dale

     Hey TP
      There are so many. My personal piano is a 1950 MAson AA. The sound
really floats out. Its warm and full. Sustain freaks like Masons or any thing that
sings for that matter. My sis owns it's twin just one serial no. apart & hers
is also amazing.
  Another is a Stwy German O that I played in the S.F. area. It was
astoundingly incredible I thought it was bigger.
  Feeling warm & fuzzy now
 Dale