Best piano in your world.

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Sun, 23 May 2004 11:39:23 -0700

>               Piano-philes
>     I thought of a couple more now that you asked TP....
>   The other also belong to him. It's a BB Mason from 1929....It
>sings wonderfully. I love the big pianos.
>   Paul is spoiled.
>    Dale

I think I'd have a hard time picking the 'best' piano in my world.
But I might be able to narrow it down to a handful if pressed.  One
of them would be a BB Mason of about the same age as Paul's that
belongs to a friend of mine.  All original - original strings and
hammers.  It was a player (it's not now, so I guess it's not ALL
original), but apparently whoever owned it rarely turned on the
player because it's still in great shape.  A wonderful dark, rich,
resonant sound.  Like listening to Caruso.  Also, it's veneered in
what I would call quilted walnut (don't know if there is such a thing
- anyway highly figured walnut) which is gorgeous and unlike anything
else I've ever seen.  A one of a kind piano.

Phil Ford