Mobile Piano Mini-Shop

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 22 May 2004 20:12:33 -0700 (PDT)

My mobile shop was an old aluminum bakery truck,
outfitted with racks to tie pianos to. It was great
for bringing in nasty old filthy pianos which could be
dismantled IN the van, varnish stripped off of them,
etc., all without bringing this crud into my shop
proper ( the "Operating Room  ) After it was done and
the cleaned up "Piano Kit" was brought into my shop, I
just hosed out the inside of the van and got iteady
for the next patient.
     These old vans can be had cheaply from big
commercial bakeries. I also had a "loading dock" to
roll the pianos onto ( a long ramp ) to do the
nastiest cleaning outside, then rolled the piano back
into the van at night. Parked under trees. Air
compressor mounted in van.
     Thump