Best piano in your world.

Tue, 25 May 2004 17:17:01 +0200

Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

>     Really guys and gals.. I have to chuckle a bit here.  I mean being
>     one
>     of seemingly few who has insisted in holding open  the door to the
>     <<ageing wood theorem>> if I may call it that... I find it quite
>     suprising that the only person to cite a new or even recent piano
>     so far
>     is myself.  Everything else has beed 50 to 100 years old.
>
>     So... how do you guys account for the fact that all of you are
>     declaring
>     your <<piano sound to die for>> as coming from such old wood ?
>
>     Grin
>
>     Cheers
>     RicB
>
>  Ric
>   Are you doing the selective reading thing again?

Me ???  why Dale... I am shocked at the suggestion :)

> A German O 1990's. 2 of em & 1929 BB Mason. with one o my Boards.
> There are many others Including many of our new boards but I didn't
> want to be greedy.

Didnt pick up on the German  0  from 1990, but 1929  definatly qualifies
as over 50 years old.  New board in one of them... ok.. but I didnt
catch that either... Still the great majority of pianos mentioned have
been oldies...

> Your point is well taken just the same. Maybe those guys new something?

Well.. I suppose they did... but what I dont get is that given all the
irrevrecable damage that suppose to happen to these panels over time...
(with out putting any particular name on the type of damage... :) )  how
on earth can so many of these pop up as being the piano (sound) to die for ?

>    Dale

Cheers
RicB