Job annoyances

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:18:25 -0500

That's a hard one.  If you don't remind people that some semblance of
quiet is necessary for the work we do you get this scene.  If you do
remind them that you need some quiet, you insult their intelligence. =20

=20

dp

=20

David M. Porritt

dporritt@smu.edu

________________________________

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Piannaman@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 9:04 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Job annoyances

=20

It's always a bad sign when I get to a customer's very large home, and
there are 13 cars and vans parked in the acreage of the front driveway.

=20

When I arrived, they were vacuuming.  And vacuuming.  And vacuuming.
The house had 5000 square feet in which to house the 25 year old Sherman
and Clay Baby Grand that was my charge, so vacuuming was no minor
procedure. =20

=20

When I was halfway through the 50 cent pitch raise, the stereo guy got
there to program all the channels on the upscale, remote control system.

=20

Shortly after I finished the pitch raise, it was time for yet another
guy to buff the dining room floor, which was 10 feet away from MY
jobsite. =20

=20

I didn't stay long enough for the weed whacker, lawn mower, and leaf
blower to fire up. =20

=20

I think I'll put in a category of extra charges:  "miscellaneous stress
factors!"

=20

Have a good day turning pins!

=20