howard spinet

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 21:31:45 -0500

To quote the robot: "Warning, Mr. Smith, Warning."

If this is the action Joe describes here DO NOT remove sticker wires from the guide bar or let them fall out—MAJOR pain to get them all back you, AMHIK.

Do what he said, put damper blocks on several wires ABOVE the rail and tighten the screws.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

----- Original Message -----
From: Joe And Penny Goss
To: Pianotech
Sent: 08/03/2005 9:02:16 PM
Subject: Re: howard spinet

Ohoh. Is this the one with the wood rail with the stickers comming up through it?
If it is you need 4 or 5 damper heads drilled out to, I think it is 1/8 inch.
You will capture the wire end of the sticker at the end of each section.
This one is easy but still look for the brace. It may be a rod.
Rough setting of lost motion can be done by adjusting the hight of the sticker rail.
You will want to purchase a 12" long thin 1/8" screwdriver.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com