howard spinet

richard.ucci@att.net richard.ucci@att.net
Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:54:14 +0000

No, I wish it was... much easier to deal with.

-------------- Original message from "Joe And Penny Goss" <imatunr@srvinet.com>: --------------

Ohoh. Is this the one with the wood rail with the stickers comming up through it?
If it is you need 4 or 5 damper heads drilled out to, I think it is 1/8 inch.
You will capture the wire end of the sticker at the end of each section.
This one is easy but still look for the brace. It may be a rod.
Rough setting of lost motion can be done by adjusting the hight of the sticker rail.
You will want to purchase a 12" long thin 1/8" screwdriver.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: richard.ucci@att.net
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 7:06 PM
Subject: howard spinet

Hi Guys,
Came across a baldwin howard spinet with jack flanges that are comming unglued. I want to pull the action, but it was designed in a way I have yet to see.
Bolted to the plate-no struts, and these long flat metal pieces that are screwed into the wooden platform under the action.
Anything I should be aware of other than the usual stuff? Also , will the pianotek sticker holder work on this model?
Thanks,
RU/UP