String Lifting Tool

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 21:33:44 -0600

Hi,
We use .051" piano wire and have as yet to break a hook. Of course it is =
never used on anything over #17 wire as the bass strings are leveled =
with a screw driver or other  thin prying device so as not to bother the =
winding. And the bichords are left alone.
I use to seat the bichords as well but when I found that the pitch did =
not change nearly as much the energy was not wasted on that section =
except on new pianos.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Andrew and Rebeca Anderson=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:05 PM
  Subject: Re: String Lifting Tool

  Joe,
  I gather that your tool combines a string seating and string lifting =
tool.  Nifty.  One less to carry around.  I ended up making the tool on =
my drill press.  I've got to try it out.
  Did you find it necessary to temper the hook?
  I like your impact coil lifter.  Will have to get me one of those.  =
Actually a lot of cool tools there.=20

  Andrew