Used piano market, was Re: Bluthner Appraisal

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:28:45 -0400

Talking with various tech/dealers, the market has been slow for
some time. What is selling is the low-end pianos (Chinese).
R/R S&S's are sitting there along with other high-end pianos.

I have numerous middle-grade grands which I have been accumulating
to recondition/refinish and sell but the price of the new Chinese-made
pianos impedes my endeavors.  Who wants an old piano when they
can buy a new one for the same price or less.  We all know the arguments
but the average piano buying public primarily buys a shiny piece of furniture.

it's a very, very small niche who looks for the restored vintage piano.
--

Regards,

Jon Page