newbie questions

Geoff Sykes ivories.52@earthlink.net
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:08:44 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of alan forsyth
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:08 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: newbie questions

Too late, I'm already asleep ....zzzzzzzz
=20
AF
=20
 PS Consider the following;
=20
"it would seem to me that there would be opportunity for higher partials =
be all over the place "
=20
That is the very reason why you should listen to them so that you CAN =
put
them in their place. They are very audible in the lower tenor and =
bearing
scale.
=20
"with the inharmonicity differences in wire. I.e., a plain wire and =
wound
wire. "
=20
Would this not be the very reason that manufacturers prefer the scale =
design
of low tension in the lower tenor to that of equalizing breaking strain  =
as
in Yamaha GH1?
=20
"I still don't see how you use that beat speed to put the wire being =
tuned
into your tuning pattern. "
=20
The second partial intersection of the 5ths would fall in to the same =
region
on the keyboard as the first partial intersection of the other main
intervals ; 3rds, 4ths and 6ths.
In a C to C octave the lower 5th interval C to G will be the same beat =
rate
as the higher 4th interval G to C.
=20
Once again