Danair Pneumatic palmnailer for driving tuning pins

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:50:58 -0700

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sent: August 19, 2005 1:20 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Danair Pneumatic palmnailer for driving tuning pins

 Where does one get a Senco or Danair & is one superior to the other. We string
a lot so we need the best  indusrtrial grade device out there
  Dale

I know nothing of Senco, they may well be excellent air hammers. I do have a
couple of Senco staplers I like a lot. But, I started using Danair back when it
was still Aerosmith. I have used the same tool for about 30 years now. It has
faithfully pounded pins in hundreds, if not thousands, of pianos. (It was on
loan to the stringing line at the Baldwin vertical plant for a couple of months
and you can't get rougher service than that.) I've had it rebuilt once -- at a
very nominal cost -- but the same basic tool is still going strong.

I know it's a personal thing I prefer buying tools for the long haul. Buying a
tool like this with the notion that I'll simply use it up and replace it in a
couple of years is abhorrent to me; not to mention being environmentally
wasteful. I also prefer the excellent and personal service by a company like
Danair to the impersonal catch as catch can service of some importer.

So, if I ever have to replace my faithful Aerosmith hammer -- and I doubt I ever
will -- it will be with a new Danair hammer.

Del